I was thinking about some random facts about being homeless that is learned from personal experience:
1. You can have more than one kind of lice. Ive had body lice and head lice at the same time. body lice get quite large. A few months before getting clean I remember pan handling in front of Macys. I counted 200 body lice before I lost count. You have to squish their heads to kill them. When I was living in abandoned buildings, my two friends and I had a lice fight. We put lice from each one of our bodies on a cup. Apparently the lice from the different hosts don't like each other. Who knew?
2. Not all homeless people stay in shelter. Personally, i felt like I would rather take my chances outside. i didn't like being in an enclosed space with people I did not know. To this day, I still take the sleeve from a sweatshirt and drape it over my eyes. it blocks out the kight and makes me feels safe
3. Places to use the bathroom are few and far between. Considering the average person has to use the bathroom 8 times a day, you would think there would be more places for homeless people to go in a humane space.
4. Tampons and hygiene products are completely beyond reach when you are homeless. Fortunately, one of the advantages of being homeless is that you stop getting your period. Is you ask your drug addict boyfriend for money for tampons, prepare to get no sympathy.
5. When you are homeless, there is no good place to masturbate.