Staying safe during the Pandemic

Hi Friends,

It has been awhile since I've written anything. With the specter of coronavirus hanging over all of our heads, there are days when I find it challenging to put together a complete sentence. I have gone through all of the various stages of guilt. I have now settled on a sort of acceptance. I cannot change this broader situation. I can only focus on my little part of it. These include: Trying to get an adequate amount of sleep, taking my psychiatric medication twice a day, checking in with a therapist periodically, texting friends that care about my well being, taking at least 30 minutes a day outdoors, and collecting cuddles from the pets. I have had to implement various changes to adjust my routine. Meditation is also helping. Also- drinking water. 

As a person with a life long history of depression, I fully assumed I would be curled in a ball in bed for the duration but strangely, I can good at adapting to a crisis. As a person who likes graffiti, I have no problem wearing a mask outdoors. The social isolation gets bit trying. I have had three outdoor nature playdates with a friend. This really boosted my mental health. The using dreams have been-whew. It would be nice if I actually got to use the fucking heroin in one of them. Just saying. My health is meh. I need to eat better. Food helped quell the anxiety at first but now I am more concerned about my weight. 

Overdoses are on the rise. Suicides as well. I hope you know that naloxone is available to you through me or NEXT naloxone. Using is tricky right now. The drug markets are fucked and your pills most certainly have fentanyl. I would love to hear what you are doing to keep yourself safe. I've included a hiking pic here. I never thought a person who cared for nothing but drugs would get into nature as much as I have bit here we are. 

Love you, Tracey

Comments

  1. wow...I just watched the doc again. I am so happy you are clean and sober. I lived on Haight st as a young runaway from 93-95. I met Oreo (he had a friend named Scooby too) back then. I kicked heroin again a month ago. I'm still craving it really bad. Anyway, your story inspires me. []Deace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is highly underestimated. It is such a great liquid. I drink a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracey! I've followed you and your blog for years. I bought and read your first book. You are an inspiration. I'm now working at a syringe exchange in my home state as a contract worker in hopes of going full time. Im also pursuing school and im curious what you would recommend if seeking a career in harm reduction/advocacy/addiction/helping people/mental health. I was thinking psychology or social services/human services

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do they have mental health peer certifications in your state?

      Delete
  4. I find it weird how even while using drugs, you still don't get to in dreams usually. What the hell is that shit? I know your brain *can* manage, I've had a tripping dream or 2, but mainly, the "doing" never happens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Tar Heroin 10 questions answered

Jamie

Another chapter in dopesick love