Back from Burnout

2019 has been a year of transitions for me. I’ve spent the past twenty one years working as an advocate for those folks who have been widely written off by society. Sex workers, those who’ve been incarcerated, people who use drugs, and those experiencing mental health issues. I never anticipated I would be in the position to advocate for anything. I fully believed I would die with a syringe hanging out of my arm.

Fast forward to the present. I’m working to figure out what the next chapter holds for me. Is it as a writer? Is it as a speaker? Is it raising kids? I’m doing all these things. I’m also dealing with pretty serve severe flair ups of anxiety. Working in this field can take an emotional toll on a person. We are years deep into an overdose crisis with only glimmers of hope.

Anyway readers, I haven’t quit being your advocate. I’ve just been recharging a bit. I’ve been taking the necessary steps to keep my mental health in order. I have a bunch of new stories I’ve been sketching out. Lots of new ideas.

I’m still sending Narcan. Still sending syringes. Still working on a book. Still being a mom.
I love you all.

Comments

  1. And you are still amazing and a living testament that it is possible to break free from the life if you truly want too


    We all love you..... As long as you promise to keep on loving us Tracey you badd ass bitch!!! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your program saves lives like crazy was using diryt needles till now

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are important. If you stopped today, you made a difference in this life to countless people. Please take care of yourself, enjoy your children. I'm going to be frank, you may not deal w/ it, but it's not your fault that you lived and so many of your peeps died. (I struggle w/ this). Sending you Great thoughts.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Tar Heroin 10 questions answered

Jamie

Another chapter in dopesick love