My Love for You is Endless

In the five years I have written this blog, I have written down a long series of depressing entries about my heroin addiction, my mental health, and the long uphill battle to stay off drugs. This isn't one of those posts.

Overall, my life is pretty fucking good. Let me explain. 

Every single goal I wrote on a piece of paper in rehab has been achieved. All of them. I have a cool relationship. I reunited with my family. I got my credit straight. I discharged probation. I got a good place to live. I finished school. I did all those things. 

I spent seven years on and off in therapy. Despite intermittent bouts of depression, my mental health is better than ever.

I have three great kids that love me. 

I woke up today in my bed. The blanket was clean. I was safe. 

I don't need a bunch of fancy things. I just need to appreciate the things I have. 
To be quite honest, heroin was probably the first real love of my life. I wasn't sure if I could live without it. It consumed me. I was fine with that, as long as we could be together. I truly never believed I could be without drugs. Now, I can't understand how I revolved my whole life around them. 

My love for you is endless. I may not always chose the right words, type the right things. I am not a great speller. I am not a masterful narrator. I keep this blog alive to let you know that this too will pass. That someone out there loves you. That people want you around. That you are needed.

You are fucking rad. The world needs you. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Tar Heroin 10 questions answered

Jamie

Another chapter in dopesick love