Past My Expiration Date

I am 46 years old today. Hard to believe.
I never thought I would make it past 30.
I survived:
One suicide attempt
8 years as an active addict
A few overdoses
An attempt on my life
Being held violently against my will
Rape
My emotions.
Against my best attempts to self destruct, here I am.
You are a big part of that.
Yes, I mean YOU.
If it wasn't for helping others,
I might not have made it this far.
Recovery has Ups and Downs.
You encourage me when I am down.
You tell me to keep going.
I tell you recovery is possible.
I ask you to be safe.
The world is a series of interwoven stories.
I am glad you are part of mine.
46 years on this earth.
Love to you all. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Tar Heroin 10 questions answered

Jamie

Another chapter in dopesick love